June 28, 2016

Intro to STEM Challenges



I've been working on creating a YouTube channel for the last couple of weeks, and I've just posted my first video! Well, I guess it's the second if you count my Trello tutorial, but this is the first with my face in view. :)

It's definitely harder than I anticipated, but it's getting easier with practice!  I'll be posting videos weekly; I'm aiming for Thursdays, but I'm also going to be flexible and kind to myself as I learn the ropes of filming and editing.  After a month or so, you'll be able to set you watch by me ... that's the plan, anyway. 

My hope is that by using video, I'll be better able to share tips and tricks of getting the most out of STEM challenges in your classroom than I can with print resources and blog posts alone.  

My first post covers the who, what, when, where, why, and how of STEM challenges. Over the next several weeks, I'll be posting tips about your role as facilitator, keys to STEM challenge success, materials review, and how to start a challenge off right. I'm looking forward to sharing some walk-through examples of challenges I've created as well!

Hope you'll find it useful. Please like/subscribe/comment if you do and let me know if you have a specific question/topic you'd like me to address.




No comments:

Post a Comment