July 20, 2016

STEM Challenge Materials: Get 'em FREE or Get 'em CHEAP!






It's time to talk -- or sing -- materials! Watch the video embedded below, and that will make a whole lot more sense! 





(I cannot wait until I get 100 subscribers so I can set custom thumbnails.  The four choices YouTube is giving me are killing me. If your'e enjoying the videos, please, please subscribe!)



As is the (new) usual, the video contains the all the details, with the written summary found below.


The Best Materials are Free

If you plan ahead, you can ask parents to donate materials for your challenges. Although specific materials vary by challenge, there are some basics you'll use quite a bit.

You can find an editable parent-request-for-materials letter in the freebie below:


Click here for FREEBIE!


Amazon.com Wish List

A great way to make it easy for parents to help you is to create an Amazon Wish List for your class. I've linked an example here. You can click through it and basically copy onto your own wish list anything you like.  (If you've never created a public wish list before, the video walks you through it.)


A Few of My Favorite Things

I've linked some of my favorite supplies that can be found on Amazon below. 
Full disclosure, I am an Amazon associate which means I can receive small referral payments for items I recommend if they're purchased through my referral links, so if that rubs you the wrong way, we can still be friends; just don't purchase through these links :)  


Comparison Shopping

I did a quick comparison of some of my STEM basics between the two places I shop most often: Dollar Tree and Amazon.com. Obviously, Amazon can't be beat for convenience, but it can be beat for cost!





As always, reach out in the comments or by email if there's a specific question or topic you'd like me to address. :)





Credits:



Font in images:



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Khrys-Bosland

No comments:

Post a Comment