November 30, 2016

Christmas/Winter STEM Challenges: Reindeer Relay

Christmas STEM Challenge: Reindeer Relay, students design the reindeer antlers to transport and transfer Christmas decorations during a relay race. If you prefer a winter/non-Christmas version of the challenge, students can transport reindeer "food" instead. Comes with modifications for grades 2-8.



As the holiday break inches ever closer, keeping students engaged in academic work can be an uphill battle! Seasonal STEM challenges are the perfect way to get kids excited to work collaboratively in deep critical thinking and problem solving! This week's challenges is one of my very favorites because it incorporates not only STEM, but P.E. and strategy making the "fun" factor outrageously high!

Premise

In Reindeer Relay, students design the reindeer antlers to transport and transfer Christmas decorations during a relay race. If you prefer a winter/non-Christmas version of the challenge, students can transport reindeer "food" instead.


Where Can I Find Out More?

As you may already be aware, I've found creating video walk-throughs of my STEM challenges is a great way to explain the important details: materials, set-up, tips, modifications, extensions, and more! Check out the video below to learn more about Reindeer Relay:






Are There Other Challenges Like This?

Of course! I can't help myself! I have created 5 for Christmas/Winter. You can find the overview of each on this blog post. This is the second of the individual posts, and one will follow each week through Dec. 22, 2016. Please reach out with any questions and tag me in photos of your students' work on Facebook & Instagram if you want to give me a smile this holiday season!

You can find even more STEM challenges in my Mega Bundle, on this blog, and on my YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment