December 11, 2016

Christmas/Winter STEM Challenge: Snowman Stretch

WINTER - CHRISTMAS STEM Challenge: In Snowman Stretch, students build a snowman designed for maximum height or volume. Comes with modifications for grades 2-8.





You are almost to Winter Break, or maybe you're visiting after break and looking for a way to ease those late winter blues! This challenge is perfect if you're looking for very low-prep and very simple materials. In fact, all you really need is a few sheets of copy paper, tape, and scissors for this one. You can always add more, but you likely already have what you need already!  

Because this is so low prep, it's great for last-minute plans, sub days, indoor recess, etc.

Premise

In Snowman Stretch, students build a snowman, aiming for maximum height or volume. You can use this all winter long, changing out the base materials and tweaking the Criteria & Constraints list to keep it fresh!


Where Can I Find Out More?

As you may already be aware, I've found creating video walk-throughs of my STEM challenges is the best way to explain the important details: materials, set-up, tips, modifications, extensions, and more! Check out the video below to learn more about Snowman Stretch:








Are There Other Challenges Like This?


Of course! I can't help myself! I have created 5 for Christmas/Winter. You can find the overview of each on this blog post. This is the second of the individual posts, and one will follow each week through Dec. 22, 2016. Please reach out with any questions and tag me in photos of your students' work on Facebook & Instagram if you want to give me a smile this holiday season!

You can find even more STEM challenges in my Mega Bundle, on this blog, and on my YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment