March 29, 2017

Easter / Spring STEM Challenge: Basket Bounce

Basket Bounce is another of my hybrid STEM / PE challenges. It was definitely designed with Easter in mind, but I've got a couple of ideas to get around that if you don't want to (or aren't allowed to) link it to Easter in your classroom. 



Spring or Easter STEM Challenge: In Basket Bounce, students design a basket that holds six eggs and performs well in the Basket Bounce Relay Race! Includes modifications for grades 2-8.





Premise

Working against a criteria & constraints list, students design a basket to carry at least six eggs and keep them from falling out during the Basket Bounce Relay Race. You can do this as an individual, partner, or group challenge (individual or partners is recommended).


Where Can I Find Out More?

If you're familiar with me, you know I've been switching over to using video to explain the bulk of my challenges. It seems to be the best/fastest way to explain the important details: materials, set-up, tips, modifications, extensions, and more! Especially in this case, where we've got three different relay race rules options, writing it out (and reading it for you) would take longer than I'll be either of us would want! 


Instead, check out the video below to learn more about Basket Bounce:








Are There Other Challenges Like This?


Of course! I can't help myself! I have created 5 challenges for Easter & spring (with plans for a few more coming soon)! You can find the overview of each on this blog post. These challenges will all post by April 9, 2017. Each challenge will be linked to the post linked above, so be sure to check back! 

Please reach out with any questions and tag me in photos of your students' work on Facebook & Instagram.

You can find even more STEM challenges in my Mega Bundle, on this blog, and on my YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment