March 1, 2017

St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge: Get the Gold


In the last challenge (Guard the Gold), the students helped a leprechaun protect his gold from treasure hunters. In Get the Gold, the students are the treasure hunters! This STEM challenge is tons of fun, and you'll love the cooperative problem-solving your students display!  

St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge: In Get the Gold, students build a tool to extract leprechaun gold from a safe distance away! Comes with modifications for grades 2-8.



Premise

Working against a criteria & constraints list, students create a design to extract leprechaun gold from a safe distance away!

Where Can I Find Out More?

I could write it all down, but you've probably already had a long day. Wouldn't it be nicer to just sit back and watch? I've found creating video walk-throughs of my STEM challenges is the best/fastest way to explain the important details: materials, set-up, tips, modifications, extensions, and more! Check out the video below to learn more about Get the Gold:







Are There Other Challenges Like This?


Of course! I can't help myself! I have created 5 challenges for St. Pat's! You can find the overview of each on this blog post. These challenges will all post by March 12, 2017. Each challenge will be linked to the post linked above, so be sure to check back weekly! 

Please reach out with any questions and tag me in photos of your students' work on Facebook & Instagram if you want to give me a smile this holiday season!

You can find even more STEM challenges in my Mega Bundle, on this blog, and on my YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment