March 7, 2017

St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge: St. Pat's Snake Snatcher

We're using the legend behind the holiday for this St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge!   

 St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge: St. Pat's Snake Snatcher, the students create a tool to remove the snakes from Ireland! Comes with modifications for grades 2-8.


Premise

Working against a criteria & constraints list, students create a tool to remove the snakes from Ireland!

Where Can I Find Out More?

Rather than write it all down for you to read, wouldn't it be nicer to just sit back and watch? I've found creating video walk-throughs of my STEM challenges is the best/fastest way to explain the important details: materials, set-up, tips, modifications, extensions, and more! Check out the video below to learn more about St. Pat's Snake Snatcher:








Are There Other Challenges Like This?


Of course! I can't help myself! I have created 5 challenges for St. Pat's! You can find the overview of each on this blog post. These challenges will all post by March 12, 2017. Each challenge will be linked to the post linked above, so be sure to check back weekly! 

Please reach out with any questions and tag me in photos of your students' work on Facebook & Instagram if you want to give me a smile this holiday season!

You can find even more STEM challenges in my Mega Bundle, on this blog, and on my YouTube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment